The innovative combined “Twin Action” system developed by Comac includes the central brush and two screw conveyors which operate simultaneously with suction operation to guarantee maximum efficiency in dirt collection: while mechanical action collects waste, suction action draws in even the finer dust.
With a working width of 1400 mm, CS140 is suitable to clean urban areas, such as roads or parking spaces and industrial areas, such as metallurgy plants and cement factories; the Twin Action system allows operation even on bumpy road surfaces, since no rigid element is in contact with the ground. As a consequence tree roots or protruding manholes are not a problem. Moreover the hydraulic support and the presence of the flaps, ensure a constant pressure on the ground for the brush independently of wear or the terrain, for maximum cleaning results.
CS140 Twin Action is equipped with Industrial Open Power engine version which is specifically sized for continuous applications at constant speed with reduced consumption: for this reason it is suited to continuous heavy-duty work, even for a daily cycle of eight hours non-stop.
CS140 Twin Action uses the central brush continuously, thereby ensuring higher quality cleaning because it is uniform for the entire width of the brush. In view of the innovative system which concentrates work on the central brush and limits the use of the side brushes, the machine comes standard equipped with only the right side brush, while the left brush is optional. As a consequence the use of water is significantly reduced, since it is employed only in a nebulized form limited to the external part of the side brushes in order to control flying dust, without wetting the ground.
The third brush is also available, useful to collect debris from areas far from the machine.
The large filtering surface and the efficiency of the dusty air intake distribution system over the entire surface ensure continuity of performance over time: these characteristic together with the materials chosen (polyester and cotton) and the action of the two filter shaking ensure the return of perfectly clean air into the environment.
- The mechanical action consists in the movement of the central brush (1) which collects the material from the ground and conveys it to a hopper where the two screw conveyors (2) bring it into the central area of the container (3). At this point, by means of the suction action (4), the material is raised to the collection hopper (5), while the sucked air is filtered (6) and returned to the environment perfectly clean (7).
- CS140 Twin Action uses the central brush continuously, following perfectly the street profile, ensuring higher quality cleaning because it is uniform for the entire width of the brush and higher productivity because it can clean more quickly than a conventional sweeping machine which has to use the two side brushes.
- CS140 Twin Action integral steering system on all 4 wheels together with the reduced dimensions provide great manoeuvrability even near walls or fences, and guarantee the necessary ease of handling to operate in places where space is limited such as historical town centers or cluttered areas, at the same time guaranteeing maximum vehicle stability during transfer even at the highest speed.
- The cab is comfortable because it is spacious and insulated with anti-vibration supports.
- It is comfortable to drive, and the large windscreen provides maximum external visibility for the operator, making manoeuvring and control over the collection area easier.
- On request the machine can be customized with a climate control system, radio and useful colour camera which covers the rear of the machine in order to aid reversing and emptying operations, also allowing constant monitoring of cleaning effectiveness.
- For CS140 Twin Action the designers chose to install the Industrial Open Power engine version which is specifically sized for continuous applications at constant speed with reduced consumption: for this reason it is suited to continuous heavy-duty work, even for a daily cycle of eight hours non-stop.
- Comac has produced a special device to control the vehicle height from the ground which, acting separately on the four wheels, maintains constant the height from the ground, optimizing work and stability. This device can also maintain the height of the vehicle unchanged even when the load varies. The operator can position the machine on three different pre-established levels in order to meet various needs: working position, moving position, maintenance position.
|Product Model Number||CS140|
|Work capacity up to sq.m./h-ft²/h||25|
|Working width with central brush (cm/inch)||140|
|Working width with side brush (cm/inch)||222|
|Working width third brush (cm/inch)||262|
|Diesel motor (HP)||100|
|Type of drainage||hydraulic|
|Debris hopper capacity (l/ft³)||3500|
|Filtering surface (sq.m/ft²)||50|